Sunday, August 14, 2011

Self-loathing geeks are the worst.

Remember when I talked about that WoW New York City Meetup group I wanted to join? I did actually join it for a month though I didn't participate much apart from rolling a DK on their server. The only event they organized during that time was a Central Park picnic, but they made it at 11AM on a Saturday like wtf? Yea yea, kosher daytime activities are cute, but only in theory. Theoretically, I can wake up before noon, but real-life conditions are prone to systematic error, i.e. oversleeping, every time. It's science, y0.

Anyway, when the group posted the next Meetup event, at first I was excited that it would be at 7PM. Hooray! Bowling sucks, but whatevs I'll be awake! Then I saw it's on a Thursday, and I :('d again, because that's my raid night. Wanting to let them know that I wouldn't be able to make it, I posted a comment with my disappointing news.


Notice it says "former member."

What the fuck? Did I just get laughed at for playing WoW by someone who plays WoW? That's like a person with Down's Syndrome laughing at an autistic kid.

I don't know why this girl thinks there's some kind of geek hierarchy in which her degree of dedication or the manner in which she plays determines how much better she is than other geeks. News flash for you, bitch: if you play WoW, you're a loser like the rest of us. You can rationalize all you want that you're not a lifeless gamer because you have a job or because you've never worked around a raid schedule, but at the end of the day, you use a pixelated character to fight dragons, and that makes you a fucking loser. You could at least be proud of it and not take out your insecurity on fellow gamers.

This asshat needs to get off her high mount before she says something stupid in trade chat like "I'm not 12. I'm 14!" and everyone laughs at her.

Because that's pretty much what she said.

-Avia.

No comments:

Post a Comment