Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Boring times call for desperate measures.


After much soul-searching and contemplation of what it really means to farm the same content for six months, I've decided to finally commit the highest betrayal of my class just to have something to do.

I'm going to level a mage.


Sure, I could level plenty of other things, but unless I want to foolishly run head-first into a mob and start whacking at it like a cretin, what is there that I don't already have? I could make another lock, but it'd be like a sad younger brother of my main that never gets to play with anything first, never gets the same high expectations, and ends up the fifth best realtor at a strip mall agency.

But, after all these years, I'm finally going to work through the reasons that underlie my apprehension to "be" a mage: the fact that they aren't willing to go to greater lengths for magical power, their obsession with rules and bureaucracy, their dainty hands. Can I get over my deep-seated prejudices and embrace a new way of life?

In an effort to ease my conscience, I turned to my fellow warlocks for advice on how to resolve my issues. Besides the usual unhelpful assertions that it's just a game, the most intriguing suggestion I got was to just completely abandon my identity as a prideful warlock and view mages as, not better or worse, but different. She claimed that the two classes get along fine. Suddenly, my career-long belief that mages and warlocks look down on each other was shattered! Have I been living a delusion this whole time, a shameful bigot who unnecessarily shut myself off from others because of petty differences?

Well, it's time to end all of that. I'm opening myself up to new experiences and new ways of thinking. The Kirin Tor aren't magical dictators; they offer guidance and protect us from succumbing to the intoxicating power of magic. The mages of Stormwind are my peers, and Dalaran is my capital. It's an exciting journey with brand new eyes, and I'm going to take it!

Right after I play some Diablo 3.

-Avia.

No comments:

Post a Comment