Saturday, November 19, 2011

As busy as I've been, I still managed to raid.

After what seemed like two straight months of midterms, during which my schedule looked something like raid/paper/raid/exam/raid/paper/descent into insanity, I finally have some free time to relax and catch up on sleep. That is, until Thanksgiving weekend since one of my professors decided our syllabus was a little "sparse" and added an additional essay due the Monday after the holiday. T_T Is that even legal?


I went shopping during midterms and
felt connected with this phone accessory.
I think it looks like me: sad and yellow.
Anyway, a lot has happened since my last post. PETA thoroughly embarrassed vegans (as usual) by claiming Tanuki Mario promotes wearing fur when Mario obviously turns into a raccoon rather than wears the skin of one. My fellow vegans and I promptly /facepalm'd when we got the Facebook status update from PETA, complete with mini-game involving blood dripping from Tanuki Mario's fur. In my real life dealings with people, not only do I have to elucidate my stance on animal rights to anyone who asks, but for some reason I also have to explain why the world's largest organization for people like me is full of such attention-seeking misguided asshats. Cooking Mama is one thing, but I guess someone from their youth research department forgot to tell them that you don't. mess. with Mario. like wtf?

On a side note, The Sims 3 always got major props from me for their "Vegetarian" character trait. I appreciate being able to live out my vegan sensibility in game. You know... when the game is supposed to mimic real life and not a fantasy land where mushrooms make me bigger and flowers give me the power to shoot fire.

In the World of Warcraft, patch 4.3 needs to come out soon, and it has to be good. Lately, it seems that half my raid team would rather be playing Modern Warfare 3 or Skyrim. Hell, even I would rather be playing Skyrim, but if I add another RPG to my schedule, I might as well tell my professors to stop expecting me.

See? I do have self-control.

-Avia.

No comments:

Post a Comment