Monday, March 26, 2012

Computer dead. MoP beta live. Completely unrelated topics.


This week, I woke up early(ish) on my day off to get my 85s valor capped and attempt for the 50th time to acquire a Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps for my pally only to find that my goddamn motherboard had died.


It was like the universe was laughing at me. Or telling me to use my time more wisely during midterms. It's debatable.

In World of Warcraft news, the Mists of Pandaria beta is now live, and anyone who signed up for an annual pass can expect access in the near future as Blizzard sends out invites in waves. For some reason, I also signed up for the annual pass, justifying it in my mind that I get all these super awesome perquisites just by promising to play for as long as I already planned on playing. In actuality, what I received was a mount that I never use, a free copy of Diablo 3 in which I have minimal interest, and access to a beta that I can't even install on my ancient computer with no free disk space or even a working motherboard.

Currently, I'm awaiting the delivery of parts and must resort to blogging from my school library's computer lab until a new motherboard arrives on Tuesday. I had to spend all Saturday installing WoW and setting up addons on my dad's computer so I could do an alt raid. For the entire weekend, I was stuck browsing the internet on my phone and watching a hundred channels of cable television rather than sitting alt-tabbed in Stormwind while creeping people on Facebook. I had to make my new boyfriend valor cap for me!

Someone save me from my first world problems, please.

-Avia.

No comments:

Post a Comment